Monday, February 7, 2011

I Worked Out Today

I just want to inform the world that I went to the gym this morning.  I walked 32 minutes on the treadmill and did double sets on the circuit.  I joined Planet Fitness last month and I committed myself to exercise every other day.  I kept my commitment for a whole half week before some urgent matter called me off course.  I don't remember what urgent matter offhand.  Was that the day the President asked for my council on some issue of international security? 

I restarted my program only to be interrupted by snow.  There was the day I didn't go to the gym because the snow was accumulating quickly and it would be safer to get home and off the road.  There was the day I worked out shoveling the driveway.  There was the day the weather reporter said it might be icy.  And there was the day it was snowing like crazy...in Chicago.

I have managed to work out between storms and taking care of the needs and potential needs of my family.  But today I worked out.  Yes, I want a medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment