Sunday, October 3, 2010

It Was A Computer Error

It all comes down to a computer error.  I know it doesn't matter because my fantasy baseball team is #8 out of 10.  It's the last day of the season and I'm on the next to bottom rung of the consolation ladder.  But it is still in my nature to fight until the end, if for no other reason, then for the sake of fighting. 

So yesterday afternoon I get an idea.  I decide to pick up every available pitcher who still has a pulse and stack them all up on my team for today.  I log on to the ESPN.  I go to the Players page.  I punch up probable pitchers for Sunday.  There are several of them, and I decide to take all but the guy who loses fifteen points every game.  But something is wrong.  There should be a little icon in the Action box to click on and add that player to your team.  The Action box is blank.  Everything else on the page looks normal.  So I go to another page, and their Action boxes are blank too.  I sign out thinking it is really shady of ESPN to remove the "add" option a day early. 

Fast forward to midnight.  BP is online.  He's comparing my team to Gene's.  Gene has a mess of pitchers.  Those are my pitchers!  Well, they're the pitchers I wanted to add.  He put them on an hour ago.  They should be mine.  It was all a mistake.  ESPN didn't take away the "add" option.  There was an error on the site and I didn't realize it.  If I'd gone back...if only.  Growl. 

So I did the mature thing.  I texted "u suck" to Gene.  I had hoped the text would at least wake him up from a sound sleep, but he didn't even ask why until this afternoon. 

As of this minute I am down by 9 lousy points with very few innings to go.  I'm thinking I lost.  If things change I will add the update to this blog and all will be right in the world.  If not, I am sulking and blaming the entire world of Computerdom.

3 comments:

  1. Next time, make sure you are logged in... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Henry, sounds like a user error.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're not logged in it tells you to log in. It doesn't withhold whole columns of icons.

    ReplyDelete