Friday, October 29, 2010

Okay, this is a new experience.  I have exactly fifteen minutes to write my blog before I time out and am signed off.

I am at the Hilton in Scranton, PA.  Tomorrow we are going to the open house at Marywood University.  We wisely decided to drive up tonight rather than rise way before the sun tomorrow.  On the way up here nobody actually asked, "Are we there yet?", but we each implied it.

 Upon leaving home Tara discovered that she didn't pack the car adaptor for her DVD player.  "It's going to be a long, miserable drive."

Me, somewhere on Route 287:  How long ago did we leave home?

Me, on Route 80:  We're still in NJ.

Tara after passing East Stroudsburg:  I see a sign for Scranton.  We're almost there!

BP:  No we're not. 

Tara:  Yes we are.  The sign says Scranton.

Me:  It's the beginning of the road to Scranton.

Tara:  Then why does the sign say Scranton?

BP:  Mom doesn't know.

Sign:  Scranton 30 miles.

Someone:  There's no cars up here.

Someone:  It's 42 degrees up here.

Someone else:  All the leaves are off the trees.

Me:  I don't know about this Tara.  If you go here you're getting the warmest coat I can find. 

BP:  And mittens.

Tara:  I won't be coming home to visit very often.

Me:  I don't blame you.

BP:  We're not really car people, are we?

Me:  That's why God invented airplanes.

BP:  So we're never drving to Florida or California, are we?

Never.

With one minutes to spare, stay tuned 'til tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I can totally hear this conversation happening. : )

    ReplyDelete