Saturday, September 11, 2010

Paint Organization 101

It was almost a relaxing day.  I didn't have a huge things-to-do list and we had no commitments.  Actually, the only not so fun chore was touch up painting.  But it was only a 45 minute job, start to finish.  Okay, it was supposed to be a 45 minute job, start to finish.  I had already taken out the quart cans of paint we'd bought years ago when we were deciding on colors.  I had already determined which exact shades we picked and was ready to go.  Somehow, when the paint dried, the touched up area was shiny and it was really obvious where I'd painted.  It turns out that when we bought the gallons of paint they used a different base tint than we'd used for testing.  It made just enough of a difference to make a mess.  We ended up having to find the correct gallons and recoat whole sections of wall.

Painting Tip:
When you store paint, use a permanent marker and clearly label the can "hall" or "dining room".  If you are going to keep your tester colors, label them "do not use for touch-ups".  In fact, throw away old colors.  If you paint your living room off -white and a few years later repaint it sandy white, they are similar shades and both correctly labeled "living room".  Get rid of the off -white or label it "do note use for touch-ups".  Taking three minutes to update labels could save you an entire afternoon of repainting your touch-ups.

Other than this small debacle, I had a relaxing day.  I got my reading done, took Magic for a really long walk in this gorgeous weather and caught up on the phone with an old friend.  (Hey, Old Friend, you haven't followed my blog yet!)  Best of all, and here my true colors are showing, I found a wonderfully frustrating game on Big Fish Games. 

Comment on Comment:

Matt, thank you very much for commenting on Farmville.  Matt quit Farmville too and his comment makes me feel validated.


As soon as I e-mail this to all my friends who I am haranging to follow me, I am going to be watching the Rutgers Game. R! U!

No comments:

Post a Comment