Monday, September 20, 2010

TV Overload

Except for a twenty minute walk, I have uncharacteristically spent an entire afternoon/evening in front of the TV.  I started with the second half of last week's "The Apprentice".  I haven't watched in at least two years.  I forgot how contrived the whole thing is.  As always, it's easy to pick out the last people anyone would want working with them.  It is assured that the most awful people will never get fired until close to the end.  This way viewers will come back to find out what crap they'll pull next week.

Then I watched the news.  Last week I saw a spot about a guy, Stephen Wampler, with cerebral palsey who was trying to climb El Capitan.  He was strapped onto a custom fitted litter and was using both hands to pull himself up five inches at a time.  El Capitan is about 3000 feet tall, a little higher than two Empire State Buildings.  I had been wondering if he made it.  Well, today, after over 6 days and more than 20,000 pull ups, he reached the top.  Good for him!

After a quick dinner/clearing of leftovers from the fridge, it was time for Jeopardy!  Then, since I hate "Wheel of Fortune," I opted for Family Guy, which I don't really love.  But, apparently, I liked it enough not to do anything drastic, like change the channel or hit the off button.

In the short interrim while we were waiting to start House, BP was on one couch, and I was on the other.  Magic was next to me.  Perry was eating Cheese Doodles and tossed me one.  I caught it, bit off half, and gave the other half to Magic.  Then we did it again, and several times more.  Finally I missed one that bounced into the corner and Magic got it.  I am disappointed to report that Magic did not share her Cheese Doodle with me.

Then we watched House.  Now BP is watching "The Event".  I've wandered off.   I should have wandered much further much longer ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment